The following precincts will vote by mail for all State Primary and General Elections:
- Green Isle City
- Arlington Township
- Bismarck Township
- Cornish Township
- Faxon Township
- Henderson Township
- Kelso Township
- Sibley Township
- Washington Lake Township
If you live in one of Sibley County's mail ballot precincts, your traditional polling place will not be open on Election Day. Instead, if you are a registered voter, you will receive a ballot in the mail approximately one month before Election Day for each election. See options below for returning your ballot, including voting in person:
- Return your ballot by mail using the prepaid return envelope included with your ballot packet. Please note: the envelope must be received by election day for your vote to count.
Voters have several options to ensure their vote is counted in the State Elections:
- Voters can track their ballot on the Minnesota Secretary of State website.
- Voters can deliver their ballots to the Sibley County Auditor-Treasurer's office by hand (or have someone they trust hand-deliver it for them).
- Voters can cast their vote in person with an absentee ballot at the Sibley County Auditor-Treasurer's office until 5 pm the day before each election.
- Voters in a mail ballot precinct (voters who don't have a traditional polling place) can cast their votes on Election Day until 8 pm at the Sibley County Auditor-Treasurer's office.
- Return your ballot (in the provided envelopes) in the locked drop box outside the west entrance to the Courthouse or inside the Courthouse in the drop box in the lobby of the Auditor-Treasurer's Office. We must receive it by 8 pm on Election Day for your vote to count.
- Vote in person at the Auditor-Treasurer Department at the Courthouse in Gaylord. In addition to normal business hours of Monday through Friday 8 am to 4:30 pm, we are also open from 10 am to 3 pm the Saturday prior to each election and from 8 am to 5 pm the Monday (day before) each election. *Note - As a registered voter, you will need to provide either the last 4 digits of your Social Security number or your Driver's License number. More information may be required for a new registrant.
- Return your ballot (in the provided envelopes) in person or by designated agent OR vote in person on Election Day at the Auditor-Treasurer's Department at the Courthouse in Gaylord. We are open from 6 am to 8 pm. Election Day. Note: You cannot place your ballot directly into the ballot box on Election Day.
- Starting 7 days before each election, you can put your ballot directly into the tabulator/ballot box (you will need to complete an application to do so)