The Child Care Assistance Program provides financial assistance for child care costs so that an adult in the household can work, go to school or attend training to prepare for work. Eligibility for the program is based on income.
Child Care Assistance is available to:
- Families participating in the Minnesota Family Investment Program (MFIP)
- Families that had an MFIP case close within the last 12 months
- Low-income families that may be eligible for the Basic Sliding Fee Program
The Child Care Assistance Program can help families pay for child care costs for:
- Children up to the age of 12
- Children with special needs up to the age of 14
If you would like further information or would like to apply, contact Sibley County Human Services, or view and download an application or apply online at MNBenefits.