Solid Waste & Recycling
Tri-County Solid Waste assists residents, businesses, and communities in Sibley, Le Sueur and Nicollet Counties to efficiently handle their waste streams.
Visit the Tri-County Solid Waste website for more information on household hazardous waste, recycling and disposal of tires, electronics and appliances. There you will also find the Joint Powers Board official meeting schedule.
Check out the Tri-County Solid Waste Disposal Interactive Map!
Hazardous Waste Facilities
Sibley County Residents are able to utilize both the McLeod County Hazardous Waste Facility or the Scott County Hazardous Waste Facility. These are open year round and offer disposal options for electronics and appliances in addition to household hazardous waste. Visit their websites listed below for information regarding these facilities.
Electronic and Appliance Recycling
Sibley County Residents are able to utilize both the McLeod County Recycling Center in Hutchinson or the GreenTech Recycling Center in Mankato to dispose of your electronics and appliances. Click below to access a coupon that can be used at these locations.
Click here to view the dates and locations for the Household Hazardous Waste Collections and the Tire, Appliance, and Electronics Collections this year.
Considering Burning or Burying a House or Outbuilding?
Please DO NOT bury or burn a house or outbuilding before contacting Tri-County Solid Waste at (507) 381-9196.
- MPCA Pre-Renovation/Demolition Environmental Checklist
- MPCA Demolition Debris Disposal Facility PBR Notification Form
- MPCA Asbestos in Demolition or Renovations
- Find a MN Licensed Asbestos Contractor or Consultant - MN Department of Health
- Land Disposal Site Closure Record (this form gets recorded with the Recorder's Office)
- Minnesota Administrative Rules - Chapter 7035 - Solid Waste
- Minnesota State Statute 17.135 - Farm Disposal of Solid Waste
Solid Waste Management Service Fee
Click here to view the Sibley County Code of Ordinances Article 720 "Solid Waste Management Service Fee".