- Veterans Services
Sibley County Veterans' Service provides assistance to veterans and their dependents in obtaining any of a variety of benefits provided by the state of Minnesota and the Federal government. Some of the benefits include:
- Assisting veterans in obtaining their military discharge (DD Form 214)
- Filing claims for VA disability benefits
- Assisting veterans enrolling in the VA Healthcare system
- Filing for State disability benefits
- If you are a veteran or a surviving spouse/family of a veteran you may be eligible for any of these benefits listed above. Please contact our office number.
It is our mission to provide assistance and support to veterans and their dependents in obtaining veteran benefits through the state and federal programs and to act as an advocate on their behalf or direct them to other authorized agencies or providers as their needs dictate.
Memorial Day Request
From the Desk of Lisa Klenk, County Veteran Service Officer
I want to encourage anyone reading this, in these uncertain times, lets not forget to honor those men and women "who gave all." this Memorial Day. In conjunction with the American Legion National I would encourage all, if possible, to put a candle on their porch as a visible reminder of the price that was paid for our freedom. It can be flame or for safety battery powered. Any candle will do, but if you'd like to be creative, here are some ideas.
- Red Candle to represent the protection of our freedoms
- White Candle to keep our POWs/MIAs ever in our thoughts and prayers as we await their return home
- Blue Candle to salute the memories of those who made home but are no longer with us.
"We don't know them all, but we owe them all."