The Finance Division in the Office of the Sibley County Auditor-Treasurer is accountable for all phases of county finances, such as:
- Plan, prepare, direct, and coordinate the Comprehensive Annual report
- Financial Planning both long and short term
- Debt Financing
- Maintain all Finance/Accounting policies & records
- Maintain, administer, and evaluate accounting and reporting systems, procedures, and standards Countywide
- Maintain Capital Assets inventory
- Accounts Payable and Receivable
- Maintain the County's Financial Software
- Fiscal Agent Services
- Oversee county purchasing
- Provide analysis of current financial trends as they relate to the overall strategic plan of the county
- Provide direction, guidance, advice, analysis, and assistance to county departments and election officials on financial matters
All uncashed checks or warrants issued by Sibley County are turned over to the Minnesota Department of Commerce. The Minnesota Department of Commerce acts as custodian of unclaimed property deemed abandoned under the Uniform Disposition of Unclaimed Property Act. The Department of Commerce holds such property until the rightful owner claims it.
The Minnesota Department of Commerce participates with other states in a website which allows you to search for unclaimed property that may belong to you.
To search for unclaimed property, please visit the Missing Money website.
Aggregate Tax Reports
View the Aggregate Tax Reports in the Archive Center.
View the Financial Statements in the Archive Center.
View the Annual Budget in the Archive Center.